Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Need a Chauffeur

Today was the day Dad and I had to drive down to see his oral surgeon (Dad was diagnosed with Stage 2 Cancer of the Tongue in June). I hate these appointments. The doctor knows full well that its a 2 & 1/2 hour drive for us and yet insists on 8 a.m. appointments. We have to leave at 5:30 for these appointments. Last time, due to a large number of construction areas, we didn't get to the appointment until 8 a.m. Then we had to wait 20 minutes for the doctor's receptionist to show up to lead us to the 2nd waiting room. So, since we actually made it to the appointment ON TIME, Dad insisted we leave 15 minutes earlier today. WHY? Right? WHY would we have to leave earlier to make it to an appointment that we have to wait for anyways? There's no talking to the man. He must arrive 10-15 minutes before an appointment, that way if he's not called within 5 minutes of said appointment, he has a reason to start complaining (to me, nobody else).

**I should note that Dad did not have surgery. He went through 8 weeks of radiation which finished on 10/28, no chemo.

As you may or may not know, I didn't sleep Saturday night. I then crashed early Sunday night and slept 14 hours. There was NO way I was going to bed at 9 p.m. to get 7 hours of sleep. So, how much sleep did I get before having to make that long drive? A whole 2 & 1/2 hours.


Now I have a question for anyone that has a drivers license:

Suppose you're driving down a road with no streetlights in the middle of the night.  If an oncoming car begins to flash its headlights (normal and bright lights) at you, would you think:
  1. This person can see how hot I look in my car and is flirting with me
  2. This person is having serious problems with their car, I'm glad I don't have that problem.
  3. This person is letting me know I have my bright lights on and its blinding them, so I should turn them off until they pass me.
If you chose number one, you should learn the song "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon.
If you chose number two, you need to learn some driving etiquette.
If you chose number three, you are correct, and obviously not one of the three people I passed this morning. 

Now, I understand that some cars have headlights that are super bright, this was not the case with any of the cars I passed today.  This did not help my mood at ALL! 

We got to the appointment 15 minutes early (shocker right?)  Then, the receptionist was late AGAIN and didn't take us back to see the doctor until 8:20 again! Needless to say, we didn't get out of the doctor's office until 9:30 and I was fuming.  Another 2.5 hour drive was not what I wanted or needed, but what option did I have? 

In the last 3 months, I've put over 5,000 miles on my car taking Dad to appointments.  I'm just tired of being a chauffeur.  I need to win the lottery, just so I can hire somebody else to drive.



 







Maybe somebody like him?  










WOW! 2 Brad Pitt references in 2 days.  That never happens! Maybe its the lack of sleep???  Maybe my mind will be Brad free tomorrow....

0 comments:

Post a Comment