Friday, November 13, 2009

Walgreens Purchase

My plan for today was to take a trip to the library to take two of my college exams, followed by unstressing by going coupon shopping at Walgreens LOL. While I did better than I thought on the first exam, 90/100, I was so over the edge stressed out that I decided to hold off on the other test until next week.

Instead of just getting a couple of items I knew I wanted to get, I decided to go through my coupons aisle by aisle, looking for sales, clearance items, etc. because of the fabulous $5 off $25 purchase coupon in this week's ad.  I should note that this was my 2nd Walgreens stop this week.  I had sent my DH to the store on Sunday to get the really fabulous deals.

Walgreens,coupons,sale,shopping

Here's what I got:
  • 2 Covergirl True Blend
  • 2 Clairol Nice N Easy Hair Color
  • 2 Nivea Lip Moisture
  • 2 Glade Candles
  • 4 Bliss Candy Bars
  • 3 Kleenex (200 count)
  • 4 Halls Lozenges
  • 2 Hershey Miniature Chocolates
  • 2 Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies
  • 1 Gallon Milk
Okay, now guess how much I spent...go ahead...guess...too hard? Okay, I'll give you a hint by giving you regular prices, grab a calculator:

  • 2 Covergirl True Blend ($7.99 each)
  • 2 Clairol Nice N Easy Hair Color ($7.99 each)
  • 2 Nivea Lip Moisture ($2.99 each)
  • 2 Glade Candles ($3.29 each)
  • 4 Bliss Candy Bars ($.89 each)
  • 3 Kleenex (200 count) ($1.99 each)
  • 4 Halls Lozenges ($1.79 each)
  • 2 Hershey Miniature Chocolates ($2.99 each)
  • 2 Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies ($4.59 each)
  • 1 Gallon Milk ($2.29)
Okay....NOW guess what I spent. I'll watch a video while you do the math.



Where was I? Oh right, the cost of my shopping spree:

  • 2 Covergirl True Blend (On clearance for $4.19 + B1G1 coupon)
  • 2 Clairol Nice N Easy Hair Color (On sale B1G1 50% off + $2 coupon)
  • 2 Nivea Lip Moisture (Coupon for B1G1)
  • 2 Glade Candles (Store coupon for $1/2 + Mfr coupon B1G1)
  • 4 Bliss Candy Bars (On sale for 2/$1.59 + B1G1 coupon)
  • 3 Kleenex (200 count) (Store Coupon for $1.09 each + $.50 coupon/3)
  • 4 Halls Lozenges (On sale $.99 each +  2 Mfr coupons of $1/2)
  • 2 Hershey Miniature Chocolates (On sale $2/5 + $1/2 coupon + I earned $1 Register Rewards)
  • 2 Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies (On sale B1G1 + $1/2 coupon)
  • 1 Gallon Milk (Regular Price, hey...I needed milk)
On top of all of that, I had a $3 Register Reward from buying the Fusion Razor Cartridges on Sunday and I used the $5/$25 purchase.  Overall, I had $45.28 in savings and spent $29.57.

WOOHOO!!!

1 comments:

amanda said...

Rock on K! I'm so proud of you. :D

Post a Comment